+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help Please

Hybrid View

Default Need some help Please

My son is haveing his surgery in April or so it seems. My wife and him are going to have to stay there for a minimum of 3 weeks. If anyone knows a place that would be very cheap per week to stay, and would be very close to a store and pharmacy. I know this is asking a lot but I just don't know Portland at all. The hospital is the oshu or I believe that is what it is called. I am not stating a price because what I can afford and what I have to pay will be two very different things believe me. All this on top of loosing about $600 a month in income is really hurting me. Thanks so much everyone for the help.

HarelyB;
    My own doctor, is up at OHSU,(Oregon Health Sciences University). It's THE BEST, in the state, for health care needs so don't worry about your son's care at least.
    There is also a pharmacy, right on the premises. Motels and hotels, are located at the bottom of "the hill" as the OHSU area is called.About a 2 minute drive, from the bottom of the hill, up to the hospital.
    Here's a link to OHSU and it should be able to answer almost any questions you have, including local lodging for members of patient's family's. PLEASE contact me, if this isn't enough, I'm 100 miles from there, but will more than happy to run down motel rates, locations, anything you'll need!
    http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bob,

My wife used to be head of development at a place called David's House on the fringe of the Dartmouth Hitchcock campus (http://www.davids-house.org/). It's kind of like a Ronald McDonald house, kinda. Check with pediatrics at the hospital you are using, if they are one of the larger in the state, and have a well known pedi program, there's a good chance there will be something similar there. David's House was fully funded by donations, and people who stay there are asked to pay what they can... which at the moment maybe nothing, but sometime down the road... they never forget. Good luck, man... you will all grow somehow from this experience.

TL's~
    ... But a lifelong journey.

I choose fly rods the same way I do women, motorcycles, and cowboy boots...
    go with what ever feels good, and keep on hand as many as I can afford

+ Reply to Thread