+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alignment Dots

Hybrid View

Sharpie makes a silver metallic paint pen in 3 or 4 different sizes. I use a Sharpie poster-paint metallic silver extra fine point to do exactly what you are talking about. put the rod together, put the dots on with the pen (shake it very very well, hold it perpendicular to the place where you want the dot and a light touch will do just fine), then apply a light coat of hard as nails over the top of it and you are good to go. If you are just building a rod, apply it directly to the blank if you like and epoxy over the top of it. Allow the silver 20 to 30 minutes to completely dry first.

Quote Originally Posted by dleo6446 View Post
    Sharpie makes a silver metallic paint pen in 3 or 4 different sizes. I use a Sharpie poster-paint metallic silver extra fine point to do exactly what you are talking about. put the rod together, put the dots on with the pen (shake it very very well, hold it perpendicular to the place where you want the dot and a light touch will do just fine), then apply a light coat of hard as nails over the top of it and you are good to go. If you are just building a rod, apply it directly to the blank if you like and epoxy over the top of it. Allow the silver 20 to 30 minutes to completely dry first.
    I love this suggestion! That is exactly what I was thinking would work, but wanted some kind of confirmation. The metalic paint idea is great as well. My newest rod has Silver trim on the wraps and a silver pen would work perfectly.

Thanks,
    Brian

I used a white paint pen to put alignment dots on my rods and then touch a little bit of polyurathane varnish over the dot. That was two very hard fishing years ago and they're still there.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by dleo6446 View Post
    This has always worked for me, and it lasts..

+ Reply to Thread