I wasn't going to post about this on the board but it is affecting my attitude and I think I need to let you folks know what's up with that.

Friday I got a phone call from my doctor. She has been running Hemoglobin a1c tests and the results show that I am type 2 diabetic. Average blood glucose over the test period of 205. Hemoglobin a1c score was 8.7, diabetics should be less than 7, non diabetics less than 6.

So many symptoms led doc to suspect diabetes. Joint aches from head to toe, nerve pain in the extremities, random numbness in the extremities, susceptibility to infections, male yeast and oral thrush infections from antibiotics and extreme fatigue from insomnia caused by pain. Also lethargic, moodiness from fatigue, falling sleep as soon as I sit still, depression....you get the idea. Yes, almost falling asleep while driving too.

Doc is going to talk to me about it on the 4th of March. That's when we will finalize a course of treatment. Right now she thinks diet and more exercise may be all that is needed but she is going to think on it and will decide on the 4th.

Anyhow, I am not making any excuses for my behavior but I have reread some of my posts. Yuck. Some of them are like a bear with a sore A**. I apologize for that and appreciate your tolerance of me. I have been on extended ops in the helicopters literally for days without sleep and do not recall feeling as tired as I do now!

I am open for suggestions on a proper diet. Looks like my canoe is really going to get a work out now. Lots more day hikes and Amy wants to do this with me. I hate putting her through this after all her suffering last fall.