+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Fishing Magazine subscriptions

Default Fly Fishing Magazine subscriptions

My better half got me a subscription to Fly Fisherman for Valentines'. Nice gesture, but when the magazine came in the mail it was pretty well torn up, readable but definitely not anywhere near pristine condition. I'll get my magazines off the new stand if this is the best they can do. I get free professional trade magazines which come wrapped in a poly plastic that does an excellent job of protecting the magazine. I would think that when I had to pay for the magazine it would come in at least as good a condition.

Question: What magazines do you get and what condition are they in when they get to your house through the mail? Are any of the fly fishing subscription magazines mailed in the poly wrap?
    Better Loops & Singing Reels
    Lee

Betty,

Long time ago I had the same problem you described. Contacted the subscription department. They sent out a replacement copy and extended my subscription. It doesn't hurt to call.

In regards to part two of your inquiry: The only periodical I get in a plastic cover is Readers Digest. All others come w/o plastic. They come pretty much prestine, only damage is waterspots when it is raining. I think your real complaint is with the USPS.

Jim
    There are three ways to complete a project. The right way, the wrong way or the Boss' way. You'd best learn the Boss' way.

I subscribe to Flyfisherman, Fly Tyer, Fly Fushion and California Fly Fishing. They all come in excellent condition. Let your postmaster know that your magazine was trashed.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

My letter carrier is a fly fisherman, and I frequently get post-it notes in my mags like:

"Joe, I tried this fly on the Chagrin and it works great!. Ralph"

Needless to say, he reads them in the truck when taking his lunch break. i don't mind at all.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Better Loops View Post
    :but when the magazine came in the mail it was pretty well torn up, readable but definitely not anywhere near pristine condition.
    do you honestly believe the magazine left the publishers in that condition?? i think your blaming the wrong people for the delivery of your magazine.

Normand is right on. As far as Fly Fishing Magazine goes, if they continue to arrive this way just drop me a PM. Mine go into recycling about two minutes after I open them. Not much in there for me and someone might get some good out of them. JGW

Most magazines nowadays have a web site where you can report a missing or damaged issue. I've done this several times with good results. Don't hesitate to try it, and don't wait too long either. If they don't have any left of the missing issue, you will be out of luck, although they will usually extend your subscription in that case.

+ Reply to Thread