I just joined the board too -- looks like a fun and friendly place. I found it searching the net for tippet vs. fly line sizes.

I hadn't fly fished in 7 years -- used to be quite into it. Then a new job w/ lots of overtime in front of a computer, and no one to fish with, plus broken graphite rod. Now have a new neighbor who will fish any time! Finally took the rod to our local Cortland dealer fly shop (Bob's Fly Shop, Loveland, CO), and Cortland said they'd fix it for free + shipping if they still had parts for it -- if not, they'd send me a new model for $15 plus shipping. THAT's good customer service -- the rod is 10 years old. Got the fly tying kit restocked and new line on my old reels (Berkley 556 and 530). For now using a 6.5 foot vintage Shakespeare Purist -- early 1970s fiberglass ;~) to beat the brush around here, until my rod comes back. Going to build my own brush beater fly rod this winter -- Julie at Bob's fly shop offers lessons and use of their equipment for free if you buy the blanks from them....more good customer service!

Anyway, HOWDY. I live up in the N Colorado mountains 10 minutes from the S fork of the Poudre and 20 from the Poudre itself. If you need road, trail, weather or fishin' reports for N Colorado, feel free to give me a holler. I'll be watching the board closely.....especially so when I start building that new rod!

DAN