+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New member howdy

Gday Danbob. Welcome from New Zealand. Highwood.

Ooops, I tried replying to Silvertop2 with one of the cryptic, unlabeled icons and it didn't post -- must've done a private message or something. Elk River -- public access hard to find, lots of browns in the 10-12" range on renegades and yellow-orange-red humpies.

And 'howdy neighbor!' to CharlieB -- I'm indeed nearby, Masonville is the closest town to me, I'm 25 miles west of it in the Buckhorn. Tomorrow's project is to play hooky from work and fish that 1.5 mile stretch of the Buckhorn Creek just west of masonville -- the caretaker of the ranch is the guitar player in my band and DOES NOT FISH...no one has fished that stretch of water in 4 years, and locals claim to have caught big fish that come up from the Big Thompson -- only 5 miles downstream.

To get permission I warned him of the dangers when trout get too big -- they'll bite your cows, nibble your toes, flop to shore and get stuck in the hay baler, and latch right onto your little blue cow dog's dingus when he wades the creek. He agreed that the problem sounded serious and will let us fish.

Problem trout? We'll take 'em out!

:~)
    DAN

Hey Dan:

Driven by there many times on the way up to do some 4wheelin buckhorn canyon. Also this is the way I go to the Poudre when I get a chance. Let me know how you do. I see people fishing in the buckhorn everyonce in a while in the canyon but never have myself.

Right now, I'm working in Utah and every once in a while I get to try out the Provo River. It's a pretty tough stretch of water to a non-local. Maybe Ill get it figured out before I leave. I've had some luck on some of the smaller creeks though and even caught some "Tiger Trout" in one the local lakes. Tiger Trout are a hybrid brookie/brown that looks pretty neat.

Been fishing around Pinedale too but Ill post those comments in that message.

Good Luck Dan

+ Reply to Thread