There are many reason's that, While on the water.Any type... I give wide birth to any and all angler's I see..Mostly cause I'm just a fisherman...

But, quite sadly the number 1 reason, Is exactly the one you bring up...I just don't like the belittlement...Although, If I am approached while on the water, I do take the time to chat with whomever...and usually it's a good experience!.

There was one time in particular that really stands out in my mind, I was fishing a very well known and fished hole on Penn's creek, quite far up in the "trout" section.. and was landing some really nice Pike and Pickrel...And had noticed I was being observed by a very well decked out "Trout Angler", After a while he worked his down the path from the rock he was perched upon...And after a greeting session, I found out that he was rather surprised to see such fish were that far up in these cold of water's..I was'nt...They love trout!...He and I have fished a good bit since that day...both warm and cold water...Just shows you can never really judge ppl for what they may, Sight on, seem...