+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website Up!

Cool Website Up!

Hey everyone, just published my fly website. I am running a small fly tying business on the side. The flies pictured are very minimal now, but as time goes on and orders are placed pictures will be added. Please feel free to tell me what you think about the flies, pricing, web layout, and grammar. If you have any questions or wish to place an order feel free to ask. Thanks!!

rocking-b-flies.com

~Dave

Blog Entries

it looks good. you just need to really expand youre variation of flies if you want to be able to compete with the other companies. make some clousers, maybe decievers, zonkers, crawdads, everything to match youre customers needs

The only thing I would say is my web site where I sell Crappie Jigs and Flies has no pop-ups, no adds, Nada! I feel people enjoy being able to look around a web site for the product they are interested in and not see all the adds from Google and Yahoo and search bars along with the unforgivable pop-up adds. It is a huge turn off when I go to a site and find my IE dropping down that little bar telling me this site wants to run the Google Tool Bar.

You will never find any of this stuff at my web site. My site is clean and simple with no junk.

Good Luck with your effort!

Just my 2 cents,

Skip

Default Can't Find it

Tried to look at your site 15 differant ways and keep getting a does not exist type screens. HELP

5. Default

I alos tryed several different ways to get to your website but with no luck. I would like to see what your site is like if you could post a hyperlink to it that would be much easier.

Hope you published the domain name wrong. I just did a whois on rocking-b-flies.com and it tells me its available for sale!

Ooops! sorry everyone. didn't enter the url correctly
    http://rocking-b-flies.tripod.com/

Im gonna go hide in a dark corner now
    Last edited by RockinB; 02-21-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip48 View Post
    The only thing I would say is my web site where I sell Crappie Jigs and Flies has no pop-ups, no adds, Nada! I feel people enjoy being able to look around a web site for the product they are interested in and not see all the adds from Google and Yahoo and search bars along with the unforgivable pop-up adds. It is a huge turn off when I go to a site and find my IE dropping down that little bar telling me this site wants to run the Google Tool Bar.

You will never find any of this stuff at my web site. My site is clean and simple with no junk.

Good Luck with your effort!

Just my 2 cents,

Skip
    HI Skip!

Id agree with Skip. Writing a web site with front page, dream weaver or any Http software is as easy as Microsoft word or publisher. Up loading it is also easy and good FTP software is free on the net. It costs me like 30 bucks a year for hosting domain etc. I use Simpleurl for hosting. There might be cheaper but the service when needed is the best! Nice set of flies and good prices!!!
    day5flies.com warmwater DVD is now available!

Blog Entries

Your link just takes me to tripod. Not to your site.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I use Yahoo for my web host, but I don't let any of them put adds on it or have any search box's. I do pay a bit more than day5 for mine, it's like $12 a month and the software is easy to uses and free. I use SiteBuilder from Yahoo.

Also you get a 1-800 number to call them for help on the phone so they do help support you with trouble. I have had to call them a few time and each time they helped me out.

Maybe I am the only one that considers the adds intrusive, but I think lots of fishermen hate seeing adds and pop-ups on a site they visit to purchase stuff.
    Skip

+ Reply to Thread