+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blessing or Curse. Mother or Wife - what Wader is better? time to vote!

Hybrid View

Default Blessing or Curse. Mother or Wife - what Wader is better? time to vote!

Just when you thought things could not get any worse, for my birthday my mother bought me a pair of Simms Guide stocking foot waders. Lo and behold my wife presents here gift that being a pair of Grey's GRX stocking foot waders.

I only need one pair and would like your help in deciding which ones I should keep, and which ones I should let go. Is one better than the other (in your opinion of course)? Does one have better qualities than the other.

Care to cast your vote?
    You think the fish are Big here in Labrador...Wait till you see the Flies

It's a no brainer...keep them both. You are twice blessed.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

nighthawk Guest

I don't understand what the debate is about. Most guys would almost kill to have two sets of quality waders, a wife and a mother-in-law like you have. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Keep all of them. Duh.

So keep the wadders and the wife. Haven't got the mother in law gift yet, if its less than a pair of quality wadders, then FOR SALE she goes!
    You think the fish are Big here in Labrador...Wait till you see the Flies

Gobrock' I'm really sorry to hear about your obvious blow to your head!! I hope it's not too serious and you're healing, quickly!??!
    This is the only obvious reason, I can possibly SEE.........why you'd even ASK such a question to begin with!??! Like it's already been stated, WHO WOULDN'T want two good pair of quality waders?
    Besides, whether you hurt the feelings of the wife, or your dear, Mother, by exchanging them for something else.......I wouldn't want to have to choose between the two!??!
    Someone, on another thread, just posted a like dithering, over "owning two quality rods of the same weight, both purchased at a great savings"..... I guess I'm not bright enough, to understand the obvious answers, that BOTH these posts deserve!?!
    Geesh!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Doesn't matter. Offer them both on ebay, sell the first one that you can. Take the money and buy two cute cell phones, one for each of the ladies in your life, as they don't seem to spend much 'mother & daughter' time. Especially near your birthday.

If I absolutely had to part with one, it wouldn't be the Simms. Simms Guide waders are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    Doesn't matter. Offer them both on ebay, sell the first one that you can. Take the money and buy two cute cell phones, one for each of the ladies in your life, as they don't seem to spend much 'mother & daughter' time. Especially near your birthday.
    This one made my day

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

This is a no-brainer......KEEP THEM BOTH!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread