+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: another one! I'm doomed! (furling)

Talking another one! I'm doomed! (furling)

Well as if my Fly tying, Rod making, just weren't enough I just ordered A DVD From Kathy, a Conair Hair Braider from Ebay, and it will be off to the lumber store in the next couple days LOL

My question here is would one of you more accomplished Furlers be willing to send me a sample so I can see what mine "should" look like and also give me something to shoot for. I'll be happy to Paypal a bit to cover your cost. I was considering just buying one but the commercially sold ones seem a bit expensive.(insert mumblings of I'm to cheap) Glow in the dark optional

You are gonna love Kathy's DVD. I finished my board with ManOWar varnish. It turned out nice. I started furling for the first time two weeks ago. It's great! My first couple of attempts were poor, but now they are decent. I use a cordless drill, but the Conair Hair Braider sounds like a good way to go.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Give it just a little time....Jack Hise periodically flies over...[not sure if it's in a jet or helicoptor]...and sprinkles furled leaders to the throngs...I'm sure you will get yours.......

RDL
    PM your mailing address and I'll send you a couple.
    I'll be doing a demonstration of Furled leaders down in Huntsville, AL Friday March 7th. Should be interesting
    There was a lengthy thread on furled leaders in here a short time ago that had a wealth of good info in it.

Thanks Jack, PM on the way, I wish Huntsville was a bit closer, always liked it around there.

RDL
    I'll be doing a demonstration of furled leaders at the Michigan show (March 8&9). Is this any closer to you? You don't have a location in your profile.

Brad
    Last edited by Kaboom1; 02-19-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Jack
    What occasion are you doing the demonstration in Huntsville and where. I am close by but don't know if I can make it.

Knucks

Knucks;
    I'll get more info and pass it on. I'm sort of a last minute replacement for WarrenP and don't know all the details yet. I do know that it is in the afternoon.

Thanks Jack I'll be watching for the information.

Knucks

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Actually Kathy's video is really all you need. I had a fairly decent leader made about 1 hour after the video got here. 3/4 hour to make the board.
    (not hard) then about 10 minutes to figure out how to do it and viola a pretty good furled leader. Shorb loops took a bit longer to figure out . But even they are not that hard to do. Good Luck.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread