Okay.
I don't think you single members have been in the trenches to any great degree to really understand the following, but you might.
Recently, I sort of "borrowed for a while"........ all the little metal thread spools from my bride's sewing machine cabinet, to load my midge bobbins with #17 thread.
When, what I'D THOUGHT, was a mere "slight discretion" was discovered, it costs me not only twice the number of little spools to replace, but also something called "a buttonholer attachment" and a "sleeve/cuff extension" for her sewing machine. The spools I'd merely BORROWED, (I'd TOLD HER, she'd get them BACK, when I gave up fly tying, it WASN'T like I was going to keep them forever!), cost like $9.95 a package.
The new "apology accessories" set me back over $125.00.

When the one I'd bought to strictly mix dubbing with, finally burned out in the middle of a tying session, I again "merely borrowed" her personal coffee bean grinder to finish up my run of flies. True, I forgot to clean it out, before setting it back up on top of the refer and she evidently didn't inspect it well enough, the next day when making coffee for herself and a few friends.
Evidently, "rabbit hair, floating in a Mocha" isn't something females find humorous, but I don't know why not, personally. My tying coffee cup usually has all sorts of marabou, rabbit fur, thread pieces, etc, floating in it so what?
Well, the "grinder debacle", (You'll NEVER get all that filthy rabbit out of my grinder, don't even TRY!"), turned into a COMPLETE "Melita Grind and Brew Coffee Station". The grinder I'd "ruined" was $12.95, the new Melita set up was just under $200.00.

Lastly, yesterday, I stopped at my favorite fly shop and picked up a little bit of "this and that", for tying. While there, Don the owner of the shop, GAVE ME, I DID NOT BUY IT............ I new vise to try out for him and to give him a report back on it after a few months of using it.
However, the comment was still made.......... "Just how MANY vises can you TIE ON, at any one time?"
Before I could come up with a completely legit answer, to this question, she was driving her new Chevy pickup.............................

SO!!! To my "blissfully hitched", fellow and fellowette, members of this board, I need to ask all of you if you feel I................
1) "Got the raw end of the deal"
2) "Came out on top"
3) "Was just lucky to escape with my life"