+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Really, really big wading boots?

Default Really, really big wading boots?

My brother and I are blessed with "man-sized" feet. In the past, we've used Converse All-Stars to serve as wading shoes. They were all we could find that were made big enough, and they were affordable. But, we fish and hunt enough that we burn through a pair a year. Does anybody know of a company that makes or will make a pair of size 16 or 17 wading boots? We're college students, so price is a consideration. But regardless of cost, I'd at least like to know what's out there (if anything). Please help!

Although JC's recommendation would possibly work...

Have you tried writing directly to one of the major companies?

Dogone...how tall are you? How much taller might you have been if not all that was tucked under?!?

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Try Dan Baileys. I know they make custom waders and they have there own wadding boots to so they may be able to make them for you? Just a place to give a try. Ron

JC, I use modified Connies so I can tube forward instead of backward. But, I do okay in the lap pool going the right way, too. And, I never need snow shoes!

Betty, I'm 6'4". The extra height comes in handy for getting my flies out of trees

Ron, thanks for the tip about Dan Bailey's. I'll ask them.

I was fortunate enough to have Okiebass as a guest last March during the Sowbug Roundup, and this young man definitely has "man-sized" feet. If any of you know of some out-sized boots, pease help him out.

Maybe I should just stick with the Converse, RG. I never did slip on the Norfork's slick bottom. (Knockin' on wood for next time!)

I wear a size 15 or 16. I use Orvis Battenkill brogues in size 15. They are very durable. I recently bought my second pair. I did try on some wading shoes at Dan Baileys and their size 16 was too big for me! I don't recall the name of the boot but it was a Dan Bailey brand. They are very helpful both on the phone and in the store.

Cool Steve, thanks! Sounds like Dan Bailey's is a winner.

Try these folks: [url=http://www.traditionalangler.com/Russell_Wading_shoe.asp:a0288]http://www.traditionalangler.com/Russell_Wading_shoe.asp[/url:a0288]

Ditto on the Russell's, I own two pair but two words of warning:

They are the most expensive wading shoes out there at over $200 a pair.

They do require some TLC to keep the high quality leather in good condition. If you are accustomed to throwing your wading shoes in a corner 'till the next fishing trip DON'T buy Russell's

+ Reply to Thread