Hi guys and girls

There have been alot of debate going on on some of our local forums (in SA) lately about which brand is best. When someone new ask what rod to get the answer always seems to be SAge, TFO etc, even though the guy might have stated that he has R/$ X to spent. This then normaly ends in a heated discussion about "Elitist", snobs, etc.

Now I personally have nothing against the more expensive rods, and have not considered buying an expensive rod (probably because I can t afford one) and also because im not convinced that an expensive rod will make me such a better FF or make me enjoy my experience that much more to make it worthwhille getting one.

Locally the guys who own one will tell you that you just need to fish with one, and you will never look back as there is nothing to compare it too. These same guys will then go on a rant when someone would say something bad about the expensive rods, but would not hesitate to rip off the cheaper ones. I guess at the end it boils down to what you can afford.

Anyway just wanted to know if you guys experience the same thing as here, and what your oppinions are.

PS. If someone wants to sent me a SAGE to convince me otherwise please feel free to do so