gutbomb:

I have no experience with Neos but they look OK to me for limited use but I guess my only reservation would be the bottoms. All rubber bottoms of ANY type have limited effectiveness in my experience. I wouldn't expect the footing to be ideal especially in a slip on configuration. Rubber has the advantage of not soaking up water but even plain Aquastealh can be NASTY on slippery rocks. They also aren't cheap.

I don't know your exact application, weight requirements or price limit but if the hiking isn't extremely rugged; at the price point for the Neos you could get a pair of Korker's Konvertables which come with a hiking sole. If you spend some extra $$$ for a pair of stocking foot hippers and with ONE additional sole option for the Korkers like the studded rubber or studded felt you'd be set for various stream bottoms for about $200.

JMHO

As far as hippers go; I wear hippers 95% of the time I wear waders since I don't wade deep when it's really cold and from late April until late October I'm wet wading. I break out the chest/waist highs about 5 times a year and hate every minute of it.