+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TFO 6' , 2wt. "Series 1" rod

Default TFO 6' , 2wt. "Series 1" rod

Most (90%) of my life with trout is spent on the small, brushy, brook trout streams of central Wisconsin north through the UP. I am considering a short rod (6') and was wondering if anyone has used the TFO 6', 2wt?

Any help/info is appreciated....

I have one for Appalachian Brookies and bluegills, I love it.
    bd

I have one. I love it for streams in N. Ga. & NC.

I bought one a couple of months ago and used it for the first time in the small streams in northern New Mexico when I fished there for 2 weeks a couple of weeks ago. It was great. It makes fighting a 12 inch trout in the current quite a battle.
    I tried using a 3-weight line on it at first casting it in my back yard, but it was a little too heavy. The SA Mastery XPS 2-weight was perfect.
    I think you'll really enjoy it.
    Joe

Just to be different check out the Lil Streamer Rods from [url=http://www.dorber.com:2966f]www.dorber.com[/url:2966f] another fine FAOL sponsor.

Dano

------------------
    "From the Laid Back Lane in the Arkansas Ozarks"

Have one, but don't like it with a 2. It needs a 3 to load the rod on casts under 20'. If you get one, try it with a 2 and 3 at your expected casting distances before purchasing a line,

I have a TFO 2wt that i fish in the little missouri in Arkansas. I love it. Lots of the fish there are in the 9" to 12" sizes with the 13" to 15" lurking around. I love fishing it with size 18 and smaller flies. I caught a 13" rainbow on a size 22 black midge pupa. It ran me all over the pool. Great fight and I had a ball. You will have some problems in the wind but with the help of the greatest guide in the area I am alble to cast pretty good in the wind. Still all in all just the fun of that little rod and the fight you get from any size fish is worth the expense.

I have a new one I'd sell. It's a very nice, light rod at a great price. Mine has never been cast or had a reel on it. I also have a new black Redington CT 2/3 for it that fit's it beautifully and has never had a line on it. It's fully machined, click drag (old Hardy style), super small and light. I use one of the Redingtons on a 6'6" 3 wt. and it balances/feels great.

I bought them on a whim and realized I really don't need anything other than the 2 other 3 wts. I love and use all the time. So, if you're interested in a deal, let me know.

+ Reply to Thread