Quote Originally Posted by gzacckey View Post
I hope I didn't over step my bounds by starting this thread. A new member was getting hammered pretty hard in the FS forum and I thought I'd move the rant to the appropriate forum. Now, I'm not just some selfless person throwing myself in front of another member. nighthawk was right about sensing the mood of the BB.

I'm the guy who sat between the atheist and "fire & brimstone" catholic in theology class then started a controversial discussion. Boy did that class come alive. Aside from the entertainment value (almost came to blows) the class got the unvarnished opinions of the two extremes.

Now, I feel that since I started this thread I should at least present my view.

I agree that this is JC's site and his will be done (there's that theology class again). I also feel that FAOL members are honest and trustworthy so why make changes when there is no problem. All transactions require a certain amount of trust and risk to both parties - that's life. Everyone is responsible to use common sense when dealing with others. I was a member for less than 2 weeks and sent money to another member. It was easy to see who he was from his postings, PMs, and profile. From that assessment I felt there was no risk and sent the money. That's what I call common sense for a relatively low cost transaction.

I've only been a member for a short while but it?s been great. The members are friendly and I?ve learned a lot from this site. So, don't bash me too hard for having a little in me. I'll try to behave for awhile.
You are going to be just fine here! I think, probably due to recent events or providence, that I read a different tone in your post than some others. Hard to discern tone from written text. some of us are really suffering from the shack nasties too. Bad thing about the nasties is you don't know you got them until you upset the apple cart.

I don't give a hoot in the hollow for anyone that says they don't have at least a little devilishness in them.