Thread: Bottled Water

Threaded View

Default Bottled Water

There is a great article titled Bottled Water by LF this week; read it!

My wife & I are dyed in wool; die hard municipal water drinkers. I like the idea of drinking something that is regulated and tested and I also like the idea of NOT contributing to the piles of discarded bottles I see lying around everywhere.

I also get a detailed summary on the water quality annually or on demand; something I don't get from the plastic bottle gang.

If you think your bottled water is a safer option; take a little time to check out who is regulating THIER product. Better yet; take the time to see who ISN'T!

Oh yea, another thing. DON'T refill those little plastic canteens either. Recent studies are now investigating how the chemicals used to keep those plastic bottles soft can leach out and effect your health.

We refill a glass bottle or two from the tap and keep it in the fridge just like my grandmother used to do. We called it "ice water" back then and it tasted pretty darn good and it still does.

When I feel compelled to tote water along; (not very often), I use a stainless steel thermos OR my uncle's 1942 US Army original canteen.

The canteen may not be as trendy as a liter bottle of Deer Park but it gets the message across!

Viva la tap!

Last edited by Bamboozle; 02-11-2008 at 02:37 PM.