Quote Originally Posted by DDRRedneck500 View Post
CaseyP
you live actually very close to me, within 2 hours drive possibly, and ive never heard of the tap water killing any fish around here. all the local waters i go to are fine.

something about to remember about though with most of the bottled water companies. i just read about this quite recently, most of the filtration systems the bottled water companies use are the same thing as tap water. when ever it just says "filtered" they cleaned it about as much as tap water. when it says "purified" they cleaned it with chlorine. so those bottles of water have chlorine in them.

And why would you want to drink water anyways? do you KNOW what fish DO in that stuff?!?!?!?!?
I have been an aquarist since a young boy and it's always been standard to use chlorine remover when adding water to a fish tank, either that or let it sit in an open container 24 hours so chlorine could evaporate out. Not arguing one way or another here, just noting that it's the additives that will kill fish if they are placed in straight tap water. Also kills germs and bacteria which is, I suppose, the reason for it being there in the first place.