+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spam is one thing, but...(definitely not FF)

Hybrid View

Default Spam is one thing, but...(definitely not FF)

Joe V, I din't want to tromp around in a thread I saw you post something ... and I can understand about eating spam, but please say it's not so that actually go out to eat cloth dinner napkins...spam, ok, cloth...well, that's over the edge amigo !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

MM,

SPAM can be elegant if one prepares one's table with one's best china and silverware. It's not WHAT you serve, but HOW you serve it. Presentation is the key, like this fresh Canadian King Spalmon:

Joe

P.S. Please don't wipe your mouth on the edge of the table cloth. Use the napkin.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

If this belongs anywhere it might be here. A optomitrist (eye guy) who made my glasses in Montana went to dinner with us. Nice steak house, 3 piece eatin' irons, cloth napkin, cocktails. I think he got a head start on the latter and when we arrived he was seated. Deeply seated in fact. Our dinners were ordered, steak, baked potato, vegie.
    I noticed the he seemed to enjoy his foil-wrapped tater with above average glee. By this I mean, he was eating the foil along with the potato. I vocalized my observation and was rebuffed as being old fashioned and out of things. He did consume all of his stake as well as his foil potatoes. In later mentions of this he always swore hif full intention to dine as he had. Otherwise, he seemed plumb normal.

Well, JC, after living in the panhandle of that state for 16 years, I can MORE than believe your story! Don't know, WHY it is, but in Idaho they'll eat ANYTHING and of course, solid proof to that claim is the the fact they not only enjoy "Reynold's Wrap Tater Surprise", but will also consume SPAM without flinching.
    However, unlike "certain unamed folks from our country's midsection", even the residents of Idaho in their toughest times, won't play with their SPAM and bother shaping it into small fish and animals.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Oh boy...

Spalmon...Joe, Joe, Joe... that's it...I got no comeback !

JC, could you have presumed 'baked potato wraped in foil' when in fact you were looking at 'Baked AlumiLaska' ?

flyb, but they don't actually eat it do they?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

I would most gladly mold my Spam into the shape of a baseball......then I'd "pitch" it!!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Smile Maliceous people

Joe,
    Please dont let all of these nay sayers and folke of mean spirit disuade you from one of natures finer delicacies. Many is the time as a young man tramping the forests of my native New England that I have abandoned my chosen quarry of deer or partridge and gone off in pursuit of the ever elusive Spam "Stag".
    Yes , I know that it was always a fools errand . Now that I am a man of some maturity realize that my youthfull enthusiasm was against me. I was always too impatient and could never out wait the Noble beast . Now that I have weathered a few years , when I next return to my native climes its my intent to resume hunting the mighty Spam.
    I never knew that there was a spalmon. Where can angle for one and will they take a fly?
    Perch

Default Heavy metal

Flyb, so spam has high mercury levels ?

Perch, I think most spalmon are located in Lake Erie and yes, spalmon do draw flies !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMoose View Post
    Flyb, so spam has high mercury levels ?

Perch, I think most spalmon are located in Lake Erie and yes, spalmon do draw flies !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose
    Perhaps, a mere "rumor" my friend but I hear tell, the makers of SPAM, have HAD to put mercury in SPAM, in order to ward off and keep under control, the REALLY dangerous "non-food particulates" found in their product from reaching higher toxin levels than they already are.
    Fortunately, the added mercury has no ill effects on those that ingest SPAM. Evidently, the majority of SPAM's ingredients, are such, that they actually "neutralize" the potential dangers of pure mercury just through the natural process that takes place inside their sealed cans.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

nighthawk Guest

For all of us SPAM lovers out there:

http://spam.com/

For the rest of you that do not have the cast iron stomach of a real trooper, you go hungry in the trenches tonight, pals. I can eat ANYTHING. I may not like it but I can eat anything. No room for sissies in my helicopter.

+ Reply to Thread