Ok, I've been fly fishing for about 8 years now, and as a faithful follower of this site, I know there is rarely anything truly new in fly fishing. So I should say a technique that I have never seen, heard or read about. I call it CCRR.
It started on a small North Idaho stream with an evening caddis egg laying session. I learned patience and frustration while failing to catch any fish. Fluttering bugs in the small, clear water and picky fish. Then in late September I came upon this spot just before dark:

You can see the tip of a root sticking out of the water. In the seam down from it, a large cutthroat was sipping regularly. Of course I worked long and hard for him. I got him to nose up to several flies, but between the tough lie and his experienced eye, I was losing the battle. Then the evening caddis dance started and I figured I was sunk. But I gamely put a CDC and Elk back on and a soft hackle off the bend.
This time in my effort to drop the fly just behind the snag, I caught the soft hackle dropper on the snag. Now I was really done. So I flipped my rod tip up and down trying to free the fly. This made the CDC and Elk flutter like crazy. That sly old fish came flying out of the water, taking the CDC and Elk 8 inches off the water. His momentum freed the soft hackle. After landing a beautiful 17 inch fish, I thought how lucky I was.
Catch a snag, Catch a fish, Release a fly, Release a fish. CCRR. A new technique for difficult fish.
Feel free to use this when the situation occurs.
Rex