I'm a total fly fishing newbie and about to purchase my first rod. I've narrowed it down to a Sage Launch or TFO Pro series. I'll be fishing in N. GA and N.C for trout and am looking at something something along the lines of a 9' 5wt with probably a Orvis BBS reel. Price wise the sage is only going to be about $25 more as I will have to buy a case for the TFO. Both of these rods feel good and I'm guessing it is a toss up with probably little real difference between the two but I thought some veterans here might be able to give me some advice. I'm really looking forward to getting into fly fishing as I am coming from the world of serious...real serious bass fishing. Its going to be nice to be able to go fishing and not put $60 worth of petrol in the Truck and another $50 or so to fill up the 200 ETEC hanging off the back of the boat. This hobby looks cheap in comparison. And what really scares me is that I think I am even more interested in learning to tie flies than I am the actual fishing. I hope to pick up a Peak rotary vise this weekend at the fly fishing show in addition to which ever rod you guys/gals steer me towards. Lots to learn but looking forward to it.

Thanks much in advance for any advice!!!

Tom