Boy am I bummed.

Late last summer I found a great little fishing spot. It was a creek flowing out of Lake Lawtonka, down Medicine Creek, with a low water damn to hold water year round. This is important in SW Okla. due to sparce rain.

Any who. This creek was clear (again, unusual for around here), just the right size to fish, and easy access, since it flowed through the little town of Medicine Park. AND, most importantly, stuffed with BG, Stripe Bass, LMB, catfish, Carp......and Crappie! Most days there were 30 to 50 fish days. And a "watering hole" just few yards from the creek when a feller got hot and thirsty.

Then two weeks ago I show up ready for my Sat fishing, I cast a few times with no bites, oh well, kinda slow i thought. Then a couple setting in the shade says, "there's no fish in there." I think to myself, "yeah, not many, I only catch fish till I'm tired every time I'm here."

Thanks, I say and the lady says, "no, really, they had a cholorine spill last week at the water treatment plant, and killed EVERYTHING in the creek."

Talk about deflating me. I reel in, go inside the "watering hole" and ask. Yup.The owner says the water treatment plant up stream by the lake damn had a big cholorine leak, and killed everything in the creek, big fish, small fish, clams.....etc......everything.......AAAAARRRRRGGGG GHHHHH.

So, my question is, how long will it take for this to come back(of course depending what methods are used)? I'm sure there is going to be a lawsuit, but you know what they say about sueing city hall.