+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Sea Run flies

Default Best Sea Run flies

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering what everyone's favorite and their most sucessful sea run fly is. Mine might be a blue zulu. Im be sneeky, because I want to build a box and am looking for some input.

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Tyer View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm just wondering what everyone's favorite and their most sucessful sea run fly is. Mine might be a blue zulu. Im be sneeky, because I want to build a box and am looking for some input.

Thanks a lot!
    Fly Tyer,
    What species of Sea Run?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Since Fly Tyer's location is listed as New Foundland I'm going to take a wild guess and say Brookies. I've no experience in this area just a long standing desire to try my luck during the fall spawing run. I'm eager to see it is Brook Trout or another anadromous species.
    Joe Bertolini

There are both brookies and Browns. The brown population is huge. There are two types of browns too. German, and an english gene of browns. Since the german browns were introduced here from a dude who brought them from California (as far as i am aware).

As I am only new to fishing here in Newfoundland (as i fished bass in Ontario for years) I am not sure if they are sea runs, or if they are comming in from the sea. I will be fishing close to the ocean, in a river connected to the coastal waters.

I am new to this stuff as you can tell.

Thanks again!

in your area you will get mostly browns, with some brookies....but the big ones are browns. They are anadromous strains of trout that come into fresh and brackish water on the tides, often late at night. They can be caught from shore, in the estuaries or trolling a bent nail (I'm not kidding) just offshore of an estuary or river mouth.

+ Reply to Thread