+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Name Fly

Smile No Name Fly

A lot of years ago,there was a fly designed and sold under the name of a No-Name Fly. It was designed,I think for Spinning Rods and was a very good pattern for Warm Water Fish here in Ohio.There is a lot of history to the pattern,but from what I can understand,it is no longer available for purchase.
    I have a friend that just moved to Oklahoma and has asked if I could tie some of these patterns for him.
    My question is first of all,does anyone remember this pattern,and then do you have any suggestions about tying it?

If I remember correctly,this is a Fly (Lure?) that has a dressed Fly,but it also has a weighted front section.
    Any suggestions or thoughts on the pattern greatly appreciated.
    Tight Lines Jerry

I would suggest that you do a google search on your puter. I did and found a lot of different flies, to many to list here. If I knew more about the looks of the fly I might be able to help more. Sorry if this does not help. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

3. Default No name fly/lure

I remember a lure by that name that I used about 50 years ago. I googled "No name fishing lure" and the first entry that came up had a description and picture of the fly/lure that I remember. Interesting history as it involved the Japanese who were placed in camps during WW II and how a guy named Fujita developed the lure. Hope this helps.

Smile No Name Fly

Thanks for the replies-the fly or lure was manufactured and sold a long time ago.Mr Fujita has now passed and one of the threads I found indicated that he had a Daughter in California that still sold some of the No-Name Lures through Chicagoland Canoe Base.
    As of this year there seems to be no availability of the lure.My friend has tried to purchase some with no luck.
    I am interested in either finding a location that still has them available,or some ideas about how to tie a resonable duplicate of this pattern.
    Tight Lines; Jerry

Default No Name Fly

Jerry: The fly was a hot item at Vet's Bait and Tackle down on the East side of Chicago. We used them for perch and that was 20-25 years ago. I remember the fly was tied with white marabou on about a #12 hook. There was a trailer also. I might have a couple in my memory box. I'll get back. Best regards, Gerry L

Smile No Name Fly

Gerry L.

Appreciate the reply,anything you could give me as to how this lure could be duplicated or purchased would be more than welcomed.

Tight Lines; Jerry

Jerry,

You can get the No-Name Fly here for $3.95: http://www.chicagolandcanoebase.com/NoNameLure.html

Joe

NEW UPDATED INFORMATION

If nothing else, I'm tenacious when doing research. Check out this thread on crappie.com for the manufacturer's information: http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...?t=4795&page=2 If for some reason it does not come up, here's what it says: "I'm The Niece Of John Fujita The Inventer Of The Famous No-name Lure They Are Still Available If You Would Like More Information On This Lure You Can Contact Me At (831)840-0599 Tara Fujita Niece Of John Fujita"

..and here's an e-mail contact: "I grew up fishing. I recently took over the company. we are in the process of setting up a web site. if you would like more information I can mail it to you. You can e-mail me your information at lamaisongift@msn.com
    Tara
    "

The information is three years old, but might still be current if you're lucky. The Chicago business is for sale, so you may want to act on that one immediately, and follow-up on the California one as a backup. Good Luck
    Last edited by Joe Valencic; 02-11-2008 at 10:48 AM.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Smile No Name Fly

Joe;
    Thanks for the information.I will try to reach both locations,and will let everyone know if there is any chance these lures can still be purchased.
    Tight Lines-Jerry

Unhappy No Name Lure

Just as an update on the availability of this lure.

Tara Fujita has been contacted and she has indicated that she and her family are in the process of getting this lure manufactured overseas.

There seems to be a family disagreement on doing this,so right now the lure is not available.

If the family issues get resolved and manufacturing gets established,there will be a website announcing where and when the No-Name lure will be available.

+ Reply to Thread