+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Name Fly

Hybrid View

Smile No Name Fly

A lot of years ago,there was a fly designed and sold under the name of a No-Name Fly. It was designed,I think for Spinning Rods and was a very good pattern for Warm Water Fish here in Ohio.There is a lot of history to the pattern,but from what I can understand,it is no longer available for purchase.
    I have a friend that just moved to Oklahoma and has asked if I could tie some of these patterns for him.
    My question is first of all,does anyone remember this pattern,and then do you have any suggestions about tying it?

If I remember correctly,this is a Fly (Lure?) that has a dressed Fly,but it also has a weighted front section.
    Any suggestions or thoughts on the pattern greatly appreciated.
    Tight Lines Jerry

I would suggest that you do a google search on your puter. I did and found a lot of different flies, to many to list here. If I knew more about the looks of the fly I might be able to help more. Sorry if this does not help. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

3. Default No name fly/lure

I remember a lure by that name that I used about 50 years ago. I googled "No name fishing lure" and the first entry that came up had a description and picture of the fly/lure that I remember. Interesting history as it involved the Japanese who were placed in camps during WW II and how a guy named Fujita developed the lure. Hope this helps.

Smile No Name Fly

Thanks for the replies-the fly or lure was manufactured and sold a long time ago.Mr Fujita has now passed and one of the threads I found indicated that he had a Daughter in California that still sold some of the No-Name Lures through Chicagoland Canoe Base.
    As of this year there seems to be no availability of the lure.My friend has tried to purchase some with no luck.
    I am interested in either finding a location that still has them available,or some ideas about how to tie a resonable duplicate of this pattern.
    Tight Lines; Jerry

Default No Name Fly

Jerry: The fly was a hot item at Vet's Bait and Tackle down on the East side of Chicago. We used them for perch and that was 20-25 years ago. I remember the fly was tied with white marabou on about a #12 hook. There was a trailer also. I might have a couple in my memory box. I'll get back. Best regards, Gerry L

Smile No Name Fly

Gerry L.

Appreciate the reply,anything you could give me as to how this lure could be duplicated or purchased would be more than welcomed.

Tight Lines; Jerry

+ Reply to Thread