Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fish View Post
You certainly can use USPS but I personally do not do so for a couple reasons. First of all, if you have a claim, it is MUCH faster and MUCH easier to do with UPS. The second reason is that try as they might, the USPS just does not offer the level of service that UPS does. Take Express Mail for example. Yes it is next day to some places, 2 day to some places and 3 day to other places. Then in rural areas with P.O. boxes you have issues. I have just found it easier with better delivery options with UPS.
Hello Dr. Fish, well I'm speaking from recent experience and I have to say I've moved some things 'about the country' over the past 4 or 5 years with no loss, no claims. Of course it is slower, but they're making great strides towards being more competitive. I'm not entirely sure but I think USPS is less costly than Brown or Fed.

True too, I'd allow plenty of time for USPS parcel post to get my gear to destination, but I'm confident that it would get there unless like you say, I tried to ship it to the remotest places.

Another way to handle things might be to buy all new gear once at destination then ship that home just before return flight. Hey, one would wind up with lots of new gear that way ! Good input Dr. Fish, thanks.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose