Roger:

I love all your articles, yet this series is something special, in a way you are taking the journey you father always wanted to go on (yet did not).

I understand your fear of heights, I suffer with the same problem, that is why I went "Airborne" in the U.S. Army, and later got my private pilots license. Not to get over my fears, but to face them and lessen their impact in my life.

I remember "Jump Week" in "Airborne Class", we had to make 5 jumps to graduate. On the day of my 5th and final jump, I was lined up on the tarmac, waiting to board the C-130 we were going to jump from. The Jump Master (Old Grizzly Master Sergeant) came down the line checking out everyone's jumping gear.

He stopped in front of me and said, "I suppose I will have to kick you off of my airplane today, just as I have the last 4 days! Am I correct in my assumption, Private?"

I looked the Jump Master straight in the eye and said, "Jump Master, the chances of the same situation that occured on the previous 4 jumps,most likely will happen again! At least you don't have to kick me on to you airplane, that I do willingly!"

He just looked at me, and tilted his head back and roared the largest laugh you can imagine.

You should visit the Black Hills, very Holy Land for Native American Tribes. Be glad to take you there and show you around.

~ Parnelli
Chartered Member of "Friends of FAOL"!

Down in the meadow in a little bitty pool
Swam three little fishies and a mama fishie too
"Swim" said the mama fishie, "Swim if you can"
And they swam and they swam all over the dam

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 01 August 2005).]