From the response I received from another post, I figured that I should do a self introduction. I've never done this before, but here goes.

I've lived and fished in Pennsylvania all my life. Caught my first trout in 1980 on a fly, but truly started "fly fishing" in 1984.

I travel around Pennsylvania and some of New York to fish fairly often, as I like a variety.

I don't consider a fish caught until I physically touch it.

I only fish barbless hooks because they are easier to get out of the fish and out of me.

I spend about 40 hours a week fly fishing for trout a lot of the season. My time on the stream is less after we change the clocks in the fall. I fish until the streams freeze over, then I either travel to warmer waters (limestone/spring creeks) or just tie flies.

I moved to my current location in the state for the fishing. I figured I can work anywhere, so I might as well live someplace I love. I've been vacationing where I currently live since 1979 or so with my family (we've had a camp here since '54), so I have never really felt like I wasn't from around here, but the locals will still call me a flatlander. So be it.

I've been tying flies for almost as long as I've been fly fishing. Russ Mowry and Ken Igo were my teachers through the Forbes Trail chapter of TU. If you've heard of these guys, it's probably because they invented the Green Weenie.

I prefer slow action fly rods and think that in most trout fly fishing situations a fast rod is useless, as is a disc drag fly reel. I am angry with the fly fishing industry for abandoning those of us who prefer slow rods and click and pawl reels for the "shovel handle" action rods and reels with disc drags that can stop a train.

I believe that Orvis use to make the perfect graphite rod with the original, unsanded "Superfine" series rods and two perfect reels with the CFO click and pawl and the Battenkill click and pawl.

I fish cane, glass and graphite rods, almost all delightfully slow actions, with a few mediums and a very few fast actions in the closet that rarely, if ever, see light of day. They were experimentations. I can cast them all about equally well, but just don't like the faster stuff.

I like to match the hatch with either nymphs or dries when the opportunity shows itself.

I love to tie and fish soft hackles.

I love to catch native brookies on attractor dries with my 00 weight bamboo rod and J. Austin Forbes Thistle reel whenever I get the chance. If they aren't interested in the dries, I use small PT nymphs with almost equal enjoyment.

I think music is at it's best when Willie Nelson is singing it. Johny, Waylon, Chris and Hank Sr. are okay, but they ain't Willie.

Gin is my favorite, followed by a good single malt Scotch and an Irish Whiskey.

When I have an opinion on a topic, I typically have a strong opinion, which turns a lot of folks off. I am turned off by folks who do not feel strongly about things. What's the point?

I believe in buying American whenever possible.

I believe in buying from locally owned stores instead of "big box" stores whenever possible.

I believe in freely sharing knowledge about fly fishing, but am totally against naming streams on the internet or anywhere else publicly. I find it to be unethical on many levels. Because of this, I have some issues with "outdoor" writers. I don't hate them, I just think they whore out many streams that cannot take the extra fishing pressure an article in a major magazine or book brings to a stream for money or "fame" or both.

I don't own a cell phone for 2 reasons. 1. If I wanted to talk on the phone I would stay at home. 2. They don't work where I live and hope they never do.

I believe there are two sets of stream etiquette (general and local) and believe that you are responsible to learn and follow both so you don't ruin a day of fun for someone else.

I believe in catch and release fishing, but don't have any problems with folks who keep fish that actually eat them. Keeping fish to feed animals or bait a trap line is a no-no to me.

I think that sums it up as well as I can.