Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
. I think such a device ought to be mandatory now that it is available for people engaging in high risk recreation such as climbing Mount Hood and highly reconmended for anyone invoved in solo wilderness hiking.
so what other high risk endevors should we mandate. how about anyone with a boat. they run the risk of capsizing at any given time. driving the freeway is dangerous too. some personal lifestyles are dangerous. going on vacation is a developing country is dangerous. so every one should be implanted with a chip to locate them when every needed. sounds like your advocating a police state. i know your going to say no your not you just want to save some live and money. well that's how it starts and then grows into a monster. look at any government or government program. they all start small, or relatively so, and grow to epic proportions. income taxes for instance. it was only to be a very small percentage to start, 2 or 3 percent, now look at what we have. or EPA, my how has it grown. the government it's self. congressmen and senators were only to meet several times a year to discuss and vote on important items to allow the country to run, they all had full time jobs, now government not only suppies jobs for each member but they also support a couple hundred people in their entourage. i prefer people accept personal risk and the consequenses that come with it. and don't get me started on people that build or buy house in flood plains, ocean fronts, easrquake or mudslide or fire prone areas and expect all of to bail them out when something happens.