+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PETA in USA Today

LF and others,

If LF's quote is accurate (not that I have any reason to doubt that), then why is it "bad" for us to fish, eat meat, etc.? If we're all "animals" and it's OK for a cat to eat a mouse and cheetahs to eat elk and such, then by that same reasoning, the human animals should be free to eat whatever we want as we are at the top of the food chain, most of the time (i.e. sometimes the bears or sharks get the upper hand, though).

That's what I never understood about the PETA rhetoric.

Paul

Saw on a bumper sticker a LONG time ago: "Nuke the whales!"

[This message has been edited by Gandalf (edited 29 July 2005).]

No Reuel, that is not true at all. The media gives them the airtime, the principals that run our public schools let them in to brainwash kids with their political agenda, and stupid models and Hollywood types get on board with them to help promote their cause. People like us keep an eye on what they are doing and criticize and expose them for what they are, and act in the interest of our outdoor activities by doing so. If you follow this board closesly, you will recognize that many on here have varying outdoor activities, including hunting. So the agenda that PETA is pushing affects several dimenstions of our lives. In this instance, it was the "fish empathy" project.

PETA dog.

What about when a school of Tuna
    chews its way through a shoal of baitfish?
    I was fishing off a bridge last year
    and hooked a small bass. I hauled him up and
    was just ready to extract the hook (barbless
    by the way) when a woman rushed up and said,
    "Will that hurt the fish", I smiled politely, flipped out the hook with the needle nose pliers and dropped my prisoner over the side. When he hit the water, he took
    off like a race horse and disappeared into the murk.
    I then answered her, "the hook is barbless and as you can see Mr. Bass is still
    swimming like an Olympic competitor."
    She walked off without another word.

------------------
    epiggott

I like to play with these kinds of people. I'd have told her: "Well, this'll hurt him more than it hurts me." just before releasing him. After watching him swim away, I'd then say, "Hey, wanna go kick some dogs?". By now I'm sure she'd be walking off and I'd yell, "Hey, wanna get some dinner? I know a Chinese restaurant that serves a mean orange flavored alley cat." As I said, I like to play with these people and the more they take themselves serious, the more I play them.

I used to love to hear stories about the more stupid .. er fanatical ones who'd go after hunters and try to take their guns away. Amazed me none ever got shot or caused someone else to get shot while wrestling a shotgun or rifle out of some guy's hands.

Paul

I dont see what all the rhetoric is about, i love PETA. Perfectly Edible Tasty Animals!!!

+ Reply to Thread