I've observed Bream behaviour for only 3 yrs and they are puzzling. It is very frustrating fishing for this species either with flies or live bait. When presented with live crickets on a thin hook they are smart enough to take the cricket with minimal hook tension such that you end up with a bare hook often( just ask my son). I feel that when they smack at your fly, they have missed the hook, as I succeed in hooking them one out of 4 tries. I don't know if weather is different but today has been my best day of fishing for bream ever. With the temps in the 40s-50s I took in about 40 bream of 6-10" in about 3 hrs of fishing. I only quit because I could no longer see and because I was shivering from the lack of sunlight, wind and dropping mercury. A local fishing partner thinks it's too early but I was dialed in today sometimes hooking with every cast. They were rising but I rarely saw any hatches save for fluttering moths or insects on the water twice. I was frozen when I went indoors but worth one of the best days of "warm water" fishing.