Folks, it's time for a new pair of waders. I wear waist-highs about 90% of the time because I like the comfort and they are all that is required for the trout streams I fish.

I have long ago accepted the fact that around here, waders are disposable and that no pair will last more than about 2-4 years because we have blackberries, raspberries, buckthorn, etc, etc, etc and basically after two years my waders are made of 90% shoe goo held together by the occasional piece of Gore-tex.

Right now, I have a 3 year old pair of Bean's GQS waders and they've been great, but the feet are wearing out and they have been patched dozens of times due to thorn punctures. I got my money out of them, but I'm wondering about the cheaper Emerger waist highs?

At $89 if they lasted a year, I'd be happy. Anyone have any experience with them lately? How were they and how long did they last?

I should note that I did search the forum, but the last post I found that mentioned them was 2005, so I'm hoping someone has more recent experience. They seem like a bargain to me, but not if they have a rep for leaking right out of the box.

Grouse