Hi Everyone,
I have been reading all of the great information at this site and finally decided to join. I live outside of Philadelphia and fish central PA most often. My favorite place is Penn's Creek.

I do have a question to pose to the group. My wife wanted to learn to Fly Fish so I said I would support her efforts, but would have a hard time teaching her. She contacted Cathy Beck and took her class. She learned alot and would recomend it to anyone interested in learning. Now my problem. I made the mistake of letting her use my fast rods. She is fine nymph fishing but casting a dry fly is to tiring. My wife borrowed a friends Sage SPL 5 weight and loved it. She casted another friends Sage SLT but she really didn't like it as much as the SPL. I missed buying a SPL leftover at a local fly shop, so I have no idea what else to look at. I would like some recommendations on specific rods. I would like a 5wt 8.5 or 9ft 4 piece and very light. Price is not a real issue, it's for the wife but I would like to keep it under $ 500.00 for the rod we have a reel.

Thanks for the help.