Boy, you just don't get it, do you.

I am not only catch and release sometimes... I am catch and release all the time. I don't eat fish that I catch, they go back into the water.

In fact, fishing the Guadalupe River below Canyon Lake Dam, the southernmost over-summer trout fishery in the US, I hooked my first ever trout of around 17 or 18 inches, with 5x tippet, and due to my wanting to land it very quickly so the fish didn't die, it broke off. At least it surely lived.

I see you, sitting there at your computer, being smug and laughing down your nose at me, a "less superior angler".

It sickens me the kind of elitism which exists in this otherwise wonderful sport, absolutely sickens me.

But hey, let's be logical here, because everyone else seems to agree but you:

A four weight rod is a good rod for small panfish. A four weight rod also works for smaller bass. A four weight rod additionally works for trout of nearly all sizes.

A four weight rod is, therefore, a good rod for someone like myself who wants to upgrade his equipment and better suit the waters around him.

Get off your pedestal, bud. You're nothing special, despite what you seem to think, and I know that paying you any extra attention here just heightens your sense of self.

I practice catch and release, I don't go for the biggest fish, I'm not a numbers cruncher ? you seem to be. Sad that you can't enjoy all the fish you catch!

Must be depressing for you to have a day on the water with no large fish caught. Negativity is nasty, ain't it?

Regards,

Marlin.

[This message has been edited by Marlin (edited 31 July 2005).]