Marlin, I agree with your preference of a 4wt to fish for bream and bass in Texas. That's exactly what I have been using for years in the same spots. I'll make two types of recommendations.

First, small stream recommendations for mostly warmwater fishing: Scott v2 8' 4wt or the Diamondglass 8' 4wt. The Scott is a great, affordable med-fast rod. The Diamondglass is a slower rod, but will feel pretty similar to that Superfine. Its a 3pc rod that goes for around $280. [url=http://www.thefullcreel.com:651fd]www.thefullcreel.com[/url:651fd] in Tyler has them and has a 14-day test drive program for online purchases.

Second, rods that will be great trout rods as well: Sage VPS Light 9' 4wt (my favorite ever, also a favorite of Gary LaFontaine, medium action with power in the butt), TFO Pro 9' or 8'6" 4wt, or the Scott G series 8'8" 4wt.

I would also recommend that whatever rod you get be a 3 or more piece rod so you can carry it on a plane trip.

It's a little known rod, but try the VPS Light. They're built on the same blank as Sage's old Light Line series, which are some of the most prized and sought after rods made.

For a reel, I would recommend the Ross Cimmaron, their CLA, their Rythym, a J Ryall, or a Galvan. All of these are high quality reels that are priced reasonably.