Just wished to let you folks know that sometimes we parents just get plain lucky.

Last night, my 22 yr old son came home from summer college work (Chemistry work for $$ with his prof.)and caught me practice casting on some nearby lawn grass.

He comes strolling over with this big smirk plastered on his face and tosses me a brand spankin' new Sage 286 XP! An 8'6" Sage XP 2 wt that was the subject of some discussion last summer sometime.

Wow, what a surprise! We spent the last 2 evenings casting for an hour or more and he even helped the old guy along some. (He's a wonderful caster. Really!)

Anyway, just thought I'd share this wid ya's. I wonder if a recent family vacation to No. MN and him getting into the only good fish of the trip had anything to do with it?
I plugged for over a week for muskies and nada. He comes along for a brief stay with us and nails two nice fish (45" and 37" muskies) in less casts than you have fingers on one hand!

I told him that if he got another that night he was "....goin' swimmin'...."....

Jeremy ....aka Dad! Geez, I so don't deserve it!

[This message has been edited by Jeremy (edited 30 July 2005).]