+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Flies

Thanks guys! The fan is off but I still have a good four inches of chain left. I don't want my mom to kill me! Jay, I definitely had BWO in mind when I tied it. 8T, I really thought so too. They are just starting to stock the trout waters here so I figured it would be good for that, and when it was wet, it sorta resembled a plastic worm. flybinder, and Joe the Kind-Hearted, maybe if you guys paid postage...haha! Or a fair trade....haha who knows. They could use testing 'cause I don't fish a whole lot. Yet to catch one on the fly...

Thanks for the comments everyone, nen-bran

NB

I'm with the others, the CDC emerger looks really good. I'm saving that picture for the files. I've got a real soft spot for olive colored emergers (they are particularly effective for me on one of our local streams) and it just so happens a rather substantial order of cdc just arrived from the nice folks at Hook and Hackle. Thanks for the post. Nothing wrong with the other flies either, I'm just a sucker for olive emerger patterns.
    Joe Bertolini

nen-bran, Nice looking flies. Liked the tail material on the CDC emerger.

Please tell me which of the flies you believe to be new patterns and which are the variations on a classic. thanks.
    Last edited by Greg H; 01-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Very nice flies and very good job in tying. I like the first two the best, They look buggy and I bet they will catch fish.

Fontianlis

Greg. The patterns that I thought were new were all of them except the Angel Hair Clouser Minnow. I realize that there really isn't much of an avenue for "new" anymore. New just means that I have never seen that particuler pattern before and came up with it myself...whether anyone else has...I don't know.

nen-bran

I really like the look of the emerger, and I'm sure it and the others will catch fish. Very nice and thanks for sharing.

-RC

Nice work. I also vote for the first two. However, your Clouser is very intersting.
    God Bless America

I'll cast another vote for the cdc emerger! I've done well with cdc in a number of emerger and dun patterns.

Very nice ties, NB.

Thumbs up

All of those are nice looking flies. I really like the cdc emerger and the clouser. Hmmmm might have to tie up a few more clousers now that I think of it
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

+ Reply to Thread