Got home Wed night and the little lady is grumpy. When I ask her what is wrong, she looks me straight in the eye and says, I have not been fly fishing in 10 days now. I can not wait till this weekend its just to darn far away. You got to go out and catch Salmon on your fly rod and kayak out on Puget Sound on last Sunday and I have not even gotten onto any type of water for 10 days now. She was in Idaho last week for a funeral and did not bring her rod since she felt she needed to spend time with the family. While she was gone I took a much needed fishing trip by myself. I do not get many chances now days to fish alone.
So we loaded up the gear and headed off to the local stream at about 7 PM local time. The lower sections were all crowded as they always are since the river is close to the city. So we just kept driving higher up on the river. We finally got to a quiter hole that had only one person on the river after hiking out to it. He was just leaving so we got that section of water to ourselves. She did not catch any fish this time and all I caught were 3 little dinks in our little over an hour till dark. After darkness started to fall we drove home. She was now in a much better mood now even though she did not catch a fish, she had gotten a few hits on dries and a little time on the water. Now I see what I am like when I have not been fishing in a while. Sometimes we are just a little to much alike.
This weekend she plans to go with me to take our kayaks out on Puget Sound for what I hope is some Coho action. I hope she gets her first Coho this weekend. While she has been out on many lakes with me flyfishing in her Kayak this year this will be her first time on anything other then a ferry on Puget Sound.
Even though I rarely get to fish alone any more and I kind of miss it sometimes. In teaching her to fly fish instead of jig, I created a moster like myself. Now I see why most women would not put up with me before. If I am that grumpy when I have not fished for a while as she was.
Dang I love that little lady