+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Fly Tier

Hybrid View

Default New Fly Tier

I just started fly fishing three years ago with the intention of not becoming a fly tier. Well about a month ago I decided to just give it a little try and found out I really like it. Like it so much it may become another happy addiction. YIPEE

Blog Entries

Default welcome

welcome to the BB, unlike some other addictions, this one will leave you satisfied when you come down, BUT of course WANTING MORE....
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

cycler68,
    Take it slow and try not to think about the thousands of patterns you will have to spend the rest of your life buying materials for. Just kidding! You will be glad you started tying flies when you catch your first fish on one!
    Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 01-18-2008 at 01:12 AM.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    cycler68,
    Take it slow and try not to think about the thousands of patterns you will have to spend the rest of your life buying materials for.
    Doug
    Doug Doug

Slow your roll! don't show the man the dark underbelly of the fly tying world so soon you will "Harsh His High"

As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

cycler68;
    Welcome aboard, we are basicly a friendly group here. Just don't pay any attention to Dougie or Paul (flybinder) as they will lead you astray for sure!!
    Fly tying is an addiction and one you find a lot of enjoyment with. No better way to relax after a hard day.
    The "Dark Side" is rod building!! Never, never, go there!!
    Then there is furling your own leaders a very civilized pastime akin to fly tying!
    Tight lines!

Blog Entries

Listen to Jack H, but I am not sure about the Rod building thing, very deep stuff there, you may want to desensitize yourself before jumping into that pool....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cycler68 View Post
    I just started fly fishing three years ago with the intention of not becoming a fly tier. Well about a month ago I decided to just give it a little try and found out I really like it. Like it so much it may become another happy addiction. YIPEE
    YOUR IN TROUBLE NOW..... YOUR IN TROUBLE NOW....... YOUR IN TROUBLE NOW......
    Remember we all live down stream

Hi! My name if Joe, and I'm a NBOF. I am finally beyond the denial stage of my condition. I have to learn to accept myself for what they tell me I am. Paul and Doug are my herons. They are gods. Just ask them.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Oh, yeah sorry, Cycler............ I also forgot to mention the VERY TRUE FACT that; "Joe Valencic, NEVER, EVER, lies"!! Not about ANYTHING!!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No Flytier ever tells a lie.

They just don't tell the truth sometimes. Jax

+ Reply to Thread