+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ascension Bay Guides

Hybrid View

Default Ascension Bay Guides

Hi everybody,

I am trying to gather info for a possible trip to Ascension Bay this summer. The trip would probably be for 5 nights around either the beginning of June OR the middle of June. I have a couple of questions I was hoping you all could help me out with.

What is the best way to go about setting up trips down there. Book with one of the lodges and do a multi day package with guide included ? OR just book a room down there and try to book a guide seperately. The latter was very successful for me in Belize but I am wondering how I would contact the guides down in Ascension Bay?? Can you get a hold of them and make plans ahead of time?

Is middle June still good fishing or is it just unbearably, ridiculously hot?

I could be content casting to bones for forever but would also like to have some shots at Permit and maybe Tarpon as well......is it getting to late in the summer for the Tarpon or is middle June a good time?

Thank you all for help. I became hopelessly addicted that first bone I caught in Belize !!!! Now its time to feed the addiction

thanks,
    Jon

You might check out this site www.pescamaya.com . I have been doing a little research on Ascension bay as well. I think you have to fly to Cancun and the lodge you book will shuttle you to Ascension bay(3 hour trip) as part of the deal.

Norm

Default Ascension Bay

Hi Norm,
    Are you heading down there? I've looked at a couple different lodges, Pescamaya looks nice.
    I think you are right on about the flight to Cancun and then bus ride down south.

wet line,Norm,

I've fished at Pescamaya twice. Their day trips are great, pick you up at your hotel, feed you breakfast, off to the flats. Guides were great, spoke english very well, had great eyes, and got me into a fair number of fish. I had several shots at Permit, of which I only hooked one, and lost it. I haven't stayed at the lodge, but it looked nice. PM me if you want anymore info.

Duncan

Thanks for the info Duncan.

I just got back from there, had a great trip. There is a guide co-op that works out of Punta Allen. If you stay at Serenidad Shardon, Nikki will hook you up w/ the local guides. We found it to be a lot cheaper than the lodges right next door and we fished the exact same water. Here is the link http://www.shardon.com/

+ Reply to Thread