I've been fly tying for 40 years and never had a problem with moths and the like. Today, I started doing flies for a SwapFest and in one of the desk drawers discovered pepper sized bits....On checking things out I found large rice sized casings and smaller ones with dark ends on them and on closer inspection saw that a larvae was coming out of one of the casings.

I immediately began a clean-out and found dozens of the casings. I disposed of most of what was there. One cock cape in particular was practically limbed. It was purchsed in the UK about 25 yearsb ago. (I.e. the problem is recent).

I'm in the process of doing every drawer (nothing else so far) in the desk and everything I have in containers (nothing so far).

Has anyone had a similar problem? I purchased moth balls this evening and as each drawer is cleaned I'm adding one to the drawer. I remember a sports shop here (Corner Brook NL) years ago that carried a huge amount of fly tying material and mothballs made up the unique scent in the place. Given the amount of material it must have worked because there was never a complaint.

I'll place everything in Ziplocs for protection.

Any input appreciated.

Keith P.