OK...Here goes nothing. I say go for it if you are feeling up too it. I have an outcast pontoon with dual bags in each chamber that sits above the water line and has a foot rail to keep from smacking any rocks below the surface. Easy to move and very stable even in rough water. Class II- III whitewater is as much as I have ever attempted. Did not get much fishing done in those sections and agree its a little dangerous to try to fish or anchor in those conditions. NOT SOMETHING I EVER WANT TO DO AGAIN! However, that being said...I also watched a young man go over a 72 foot waterfall in a whitewater perception kayak! Was not his first and yes he has had spinal injuries and probably a few screws loose in his head. Also went off a 64' bluff in snow in colorado in a yak. I think he's crazy. But if he had someone tell him not too he would do it anyway just to prove he could. So.....when you are sitting out there catching the fish of a lifetime and realize you have to go down stream or break off then there is another decision..do I shoot the falls below? Swim for it like river runs through it? or let the fish go. People here are just trying to do the right thing and keep you from getting hurt. People do dumb things everyday and survive. It's just a choice you have to make and no one else can do that for you. Wisdom is advice from the elders here. You make of it what you wish. These people usually speak from experience and I don't feel would lead you astray. So as one famous man would say.."Do you feel Lucky?..."

I don't believe in LUCK personally.....

Just my borrowed 2 pennies.