+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: London

John,
    There is a very simple solution for you - don't read the posts dealing with subjects you don't wish to read. If our readers wish to share their feeling with other fly fishers who they see as friends, we will let them...we are living in difficult times. For many FAOL is the only safe place they have.

Thank you for your opinion, it is important as well (even 'tho it isn't about fly fishing either.)

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Like our home land had cowards attack us on 9/11 you now face these same poeple that do not have any feeling for life nor a rational mind. My thoughts and prayers are with all in London. Our two countries will not tolerate or allow such acts to go unpunished. We here in the USA understand and support our friends in England. Hang in there and don't let them stop your way of life. For if the USA and England change there ways than the terrorist have accomplished their mission.

Andy B

[This message has been edited by Andy B (edited 23 July 2005).]

Certainly my prayers are with my sister in law, nieces, FAOL family, and ALL others in the UK.

This forum has created many bonds among us & as stated before, FAOL is an extremely caring family. As LadyFisher stated, if we don't approve of, or don't have interest in a post, we don't have to read it. Personally, there are occasionally posts I don't agree with, but I just bypass them. The fact that I disagree doesn't mean the other viewpoint is wrong. Prayer requests & the like are often posted here because this forum is the most widely read.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Ladyfisher -

I hear what you are saying, but in this case I honestly thought the post was about fishing in the UK. Like I said the company I work for is in the UK and I'm getting excited about fishing there. I saw a post called "London" and I'm thinking great, somebody is going to talk about fishing around London. Then I get to the post, and it's about terrorism. See where I'm coming from? If people posted something like "off-topic" or whatever in the title I'd know when to steer away, but it's not always obvious. I guess maybe I'm being over-senstive, I just hate to see such a great board going more and more into topics that have nothing to do with flyfishing. I'll just have to do my best to stay clear of those posts from now on.

Best,

-John

+ Reply to Thread