+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Spys

If you are so inclined to BUY virus/firewall/spam/spyware software; I can heartily recommend the Trend Micro Internet Security Pro suite.

When I was about to drive to McAfee HQ to choke somebody; a tech support person @ Microsoft recommended Trend Micro to me as that was what Microsoft used on their Hotmail website.

I have been using it for two years and it is WAY better than McAfee or Norton and after rebates the full blown suite is was less $$$ than either AND the license is for 3 home PC's for that same price.

Both my brother & I uninstalled AdAware & AdWatch on our PC's and I had a PAID license. AdWatch which may only come with the paid verson of AdAware; runs in the background and actively seeks & destroys adware. It caused me lots of problems with my PC and after I uninstalled the issues disappeared. Besides; the Trend Micro suite does the adware/spyware thing anyway.
    Last edited by Bamboozle; 01-11-2008 at 05:32 PM.

the ms firewall works ok so far, i can only get dialup at home, so my browsing is limited

work has etrust installed, and hardware stuff

and i cant bring myself to use anyting by apple
    -----
    Roger
    Princess Anne, Md

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    If you are so inclined to BUY virus/firewall/spam/spyware software; I can heartily recommend the Trend Micro Internet Security Pro suite.

When I was about to drive to McAfee HQ to choke somebody; a tech support person @ Microsoft recommended Trend Micro to me as that was what Microsoft used on their Hotmail website.

I have been using it for two years and it is WAY better than McAfee or Norton and after rebates the full blown suite is was less $$$ than either AND the license is for 3 home PC's for that same price.

Both my brother & I uninstalled AdAware & AdWatch on our PC's and I had a PAID license. AdWatch which may only come with the paid verson of AdAware; runs in the background and actively seeks & destroys adware. It caused me lots of problems with my PC and after I uninstalled the issues disappeared. Besides; the Trend Micro suite does the adware/spyware thing anyway.
    Bamboozle,
    Thanks for the info!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Default Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    Roger,
    If you are running Windows XP or Vista, try Apple Safari browser, I enjoyed Firefox, but Safari is better!
    Doug

Ya! Dump Firefox for Safari! Waaaaay better!
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Chris,
    Guess who wasn't pleased with me switching to Apple Safari???
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Windows?? lol Who?
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Smile

MSN Hotmail worked for a day and then I had no access. Microsoft isn't amused! I think one of Apple's objectives was to make a Windows friendly browser that blew away IE.
    It's cool!
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread