+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Log In Help Please !

Hybrid View

Default Log In Help Please !

I can't always log in and when I can and start navigating the board or try to reply to a topic, usually my log in fails. Do I need to do something to keep that from happening? Does the my log in time out? Also if I try to pm anyone, that logs me out also...pop up says I'm not logged in. Then I use my new password and after 5 tries I get locked out and my email gets a note to the effect that I have to wait 15 mins.

Yes, I cleared the previous log in and cleeared cache, cookies and history. Did a scandisk and defrag. No change. Oh, I can answer a pm ok if I go in through the notice from FAOL that's sent to my email account. Any help with my specifics would be appreciated !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Blog Entries

im not having problems. In the past I have had such problems on other sites with other computers and internet providers, when I got rid of dial up and a faster computer the problem went away. I suspect your internet provider is overrun with kids home from school and tomorow when they go back to school it will get better.

Hope you work it out

Eric

Nope, I'm on "Commercial High Speed DSL" and I'm having the SAME type of problem........ I log in, go to a post, enter a reply to that post and when I hit the "quick post reply" I get a message above that window, that says, "you're not authorized, blah, blah, blah, please log in".
    Yes, I've ALREADY logged in, but while typing a reply to a post, it logs me back out again!?! Same thing can happen, (at random), sending PMs, writing a new topic to a thread, whenever. In fact, I've JUST logged in, came to THIS thread and I'm typing this reply, NOW, I'm going to hit "post quick reply" and see what happens?!
    Yep!! "You're not authorized to.................... please log in"!!??
    So, I have to "copy" what I've typed, log in again, get a new window up, to reply in, then paste my message into the new box and then, hit "post quick reply". THIS go around, it worked!??!
    Now, I HAVE noticed, that if I'm typing and someone else is also replying to the same post I am, I'll ALWAYS get bumped off and have to sign in all over again!?
    Last edited by flybinder; 01-06-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Strange problem! I'm not having any trouble.
    MM, What are you running? WIN XP?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Just an idea ... have you deleted the site from the bookmarked pages, and reentered it as a whole new site?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

i had that for a little while but it just went away eventually. just give it some time

+ Reply to Thread