The last report I heard from NASA claims the the large piece seen flying off at SRB separation was foam from the tank that did not strike the orbital vehicle. However, there was also a small section of tile that is thought to have come off around the nose gear door and that could be very bad. NASA is waiting for photos from the ISS to determine the amount of damage. NASA claims that if the damage is severe enough it can either be fixed in orbit or the shuttle Atlantis can launch a rescue mission. I suspected that something was wrong when the live coverage of Houston showed the CAPCOM with his head in his hands. In aviation that is the body language equivalant of an "OH S***!". I am cetain that superhuman efforts will bring Discovery home safe and sound. My thoughts and prayers are with the crew of Discovery.

If it weren't for NASA and the manned exploration of space many of us would not be alive because they invented the CAT and MRI scanner. Also, we would not have those fine graphite composite fly rods to fish with. There are too many benefits to list from their programs and I wish them all God Speed and a safe journey.

------------------
Eric "nighthawk"

In the words of Patrick Henry,"Give me liberty, or give me death!"