You can dye the rabbit any color you want using either Rite dye or Kool Aid.
I came back from Alaska where I bought lots of scrap Rabbit and other fur. I dyed up many large batches of rabbit in assorted greens and other colors using Kool Aid dyes. I also received an old coat coming apart at the seams as a gift from a young girl that I took a few hours of my time to explain the different furs in my tying room. She wanted the rabbit coat to be recycled and gave it as a thank you to me one day.

I have used some of that rabbit to tie up my own take on the Usual where I use rabbit instead of possum fur for the tail and collar and using uni yarn for the body. I also tied up many spring creek specials which is really nothing more the rabbit fur cut from the hide in a dubbing loop of wire and spun onto the hook with not a single other materiel. I also use the rabbit in place of marabou for the tails on my woolly buggers and some for soft hackle flies by reverse tying the material over the eye of the hook and bending it back toward the bend and locking it back with the thread head. I have also made up many types of assorted dubbing's for many different types of flies from those two sources of scrape rabbit fur.

One thing I have noticed is that not all the hides from old coats or scraps from making coats make good rabbit strips so you might want to test a small piece of hide in some water first to see how it dries before cutting it all into strips. I had a small percentage of the hides become brittle after getting wet and I not really sure why but at least its only been on a small percentage. Those scraps do not go to waste but become the dubbing, tails and collars of other flies after the fur is cut from the hide.