+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add to posters reputations.

Hybrid View

Default Add to posters reputations.

With the new board there is an option to reward or fault thous that take the time to post a good response or thread and those that don't. Its the Scales at the top of there post.

I think this is a great option and encourage all to use it. As well as the rate a thread option as well.

A now easy way to say "Good job" to all of those that really try and help and keep FAOL as good as it has always been.

Jon Joy

"A jerk at one end of the line is enough."

Member Ozark Fly Fishers http://www.ozarkflyfishers.org/

Blog Entries

I have been adding to poster reps for since I have noticed the feature and noticed I have gotten some in return. Its a nice feature.
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

I last added to jjtroutbum's reputation several days ago and just tried add a bit more to his rep. But It said I would have to wait a bit longer to add more to jjtroutbum's reputation. Does anybody know what the criteria is for this ? How do you know that you got some in return??
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gnu;
    You can click on your own "scales" and it states "how many reputations you have". But, it doesn't really tell you anything, more, than that.......... i.e "good, better, bad" reputations. Just "you have x-amount of reputations"!?!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I am picturing an FAOL where reputations are the currency of choice, where those with the highest reps lead us into the eternal damnation of upstream and across with a boo rod, silk line, and a dry fly made only from materials purchased from sponsors (and only on sunny days by certain "worthy" people)...

Me, I am just a trout bum.

(I recommend Bruce Sterling's Distraction)

Unhappy

Me! I've only added to Jack's rep & when I tried to add more rep, I was denied! possibly because he didn't deserve anymore????
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer View Post
    I last added to jjtroutbum's reputation several days ago and just tried add a bit more to his rep. But It said I would have to wait a bit longer to add more to jjtroutbum's reputation. Does anybody know what the criteria is for this ? How do you know that you got some in return??

Gnu Bee Flyer,

Click on User CP. You will see your reputation and any comments that were given.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Funny, you mention that, about Jack, D-shock'in-Dougy................. because when I went and tried to up YOUR rep, on a few posts you made, I got a half screen-sized-message when I clicked on your "balance scales" that told me............
    "THOU CANNOT.....RATE A GOD! THERE, (((IS))) NO WAY TO RATE ONE, THAT RISES ABOVE US ALL!"
    So, sorry, Doug!
    But, it doesn't matter anyway. I hate anything, that even remotely smacks of "competition" having to do with our obsession, and, surely no offense to whoever came up with this idea of "rating posts", but that's kinda what it seems to be, to me.........."Members, gaining "points", because they have "A smarter, more informative, wittier, higher information ratio" to THEIR post, over someone else, that's posted their OWN opinion/experience!?
    I seem to gleen even the smallest of new ideas, thoughts and info, even out of the sillier and funnier posts so I think, personally, anyone that makes an effort to post to any FAOL thread, on any particular topic, whether right-wrong-or-indifferent is to be "rated" highly.
    And, if/when someone garners "so many points" to their moniker, then what?
    Sorry, but I guess I'm just too dumb to see the point in rating a member's contribution, when we're ALL supposed to be helping out and sharing with one another.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Personally I think it is a bad idea....lots of reasons....

DG...may have one ....if it wasn't ..."tongue in cheek"

and Justice League another.....

since when is it good to have the inmates calling the shots...LF & JC should monitor and if they don't like what they see...or like....let us know.............it's a passive aggressive way ....I would prefer someone to tell me "face to face" .........

I'm not going to participate in rating posts. It's a game that I don't feel like playing. I've noticed the word "Recommended" on Blogs I have visited and it doesn't seem like a necessary option. Nothing is going to take the place of my personal comment on someone's post.
    Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 01-04-2008 at 04:22 AM. Reason: I'm a Poor Speller!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread