+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: '08 Cabelas Fly Fishing catalog

Deezel.. TOTALLY agree, with your comment on; "Priced to fit the average angler's budget"!?! I caught that comment, too, when I looked at the ad. But, then I thought..........."WHO'S "average budget"?!
    But, it's true........... the industry has gotten so full of "Belize-ism, Lattes and i-Pods", that they obviously think the average Joe's or Joe-ette's income base is well above what it truly is!

It's quite, obvious, since we pay nearly $300.00 for a fly reel, with $100.00 worth of parts, and yet a spinning reel, with 9 times the gearing, bearings and machining...........sells to the spinner flinger, for $79.95!? A "plastic bobber" is .19 at Wally World, but a "STRIKE INDICATOR"......... (god, what a stupid term!), made from one of Britney Spear's discarded flip flops, are $1.00!?!

I'm sure, the rod is worth the price. I'm sure, too, that my Green River rod is worth ITS price. But, either one's price, sure doesn't fit MY idea of what's "an average fisherman's budget"!?
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Normand Guest

i woke up when the catalog fell out of my hand and landed in the floor.

Sorry Deezel, wasn't coming back on your post, I agree totally on WHAT IS THE AVERAGE. You know I didn't pay near that for my Tea Stick and it was BRAND NEW.
    I agree that it is all getting way out of hand! I remember when electronics were too expensive. Look at the price of DVD players these days. I saw one around Christmas for $9.
    So electronics go down, but fly fishing goes up! We all need to sell all our gear and become GEEKS! They have some great fishing games for PC or even Apple. LOL

COOL!
    Does this mean, then, that we get to wear POCKET PROTECTORS too?
    I, wonder............... can you still get the "hip holster", for a slide ruler?
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Actually if you have a store near you shipping is cheap. They will ship to the store for free. They really should cause they are so over priced it is crazy. I don't use H&H simply cause every order I have placed withthem has been put on backorder. That is my only reason. If I find their prices cheaper then where I currently shop then I will shop them after calling first to see if it is in stock. I got the cabela's tackle craft catalog that is well expensive. One of the things in the fishing catalog I saw thaqt I do want is a rod holder. You know the kind that holds the rods in their cases. $79.99. I looked at that and went hmmmmmmm. a simple piece of plywood that is about a half a sheet or just a piec 48" X 20" and a few 3/4 inch dowls 19" long. total cost maybe $20.00. 2-3 hours slow labor and it is done. slap on a coat of finish and you have it. Guess I need to quit thinking with my wallet and more with their good fortune in mind.

I hate cabela's!!!!!!!! They were scheduled to come in my home town just about 2 miles from me. They backed out and moved the project to Boise. Why you say. Nampa and Canyon county would not waive their property taxes for the first 5 years and then give them a discounted tax rate. When I shop at the store in Boise I am not helped due to my dress and I am treated like a idiot cause I do not want to buy the highest priced item on the self. When I have special ordered items they keep telling me they are not in and then finally they say they have been in for about 2 weeks now and we have them as a floor display.

I love my Cabela's visa card. When I go to sportsmans warehouse, who is just down the road from me cause the don't mind paying what other business's pay for property taxes, and I buy a lot of items they treat me like I am a loyal customer. I then pay for these items with my Cabela's Visa card. This of course is just the rantings of a old biker who likes to spend his money where it is appreciated. Oh yea and when I have enough points I go to the cabela's store and pick it up and not pay anything for it

Angry

Joni,
    Quote; "We all need to sell all our gear and become GEEKS! They have some great fishing games for PC or even Apple. LOL"

That's exactly what Ron (JC's Maintenance Man) (Worm Drowner) Wants us to do!!!!!!!!!
    "Did ya see that?, I just caught a fish with my mouse!!!!!" WOW!!!!"
    Doug
    http://www.troutlet.com/images/trout...nsaver-pic.gif
    Last edited by DShock; 01-05-2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Can't think of one!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Harleybob87, you do know Sportsman's has a visa also. I had the Cabelas card and got the "C" bucks, but their prices are not that great. So, I ended up getting the Sportsmans Visa and the points are at LEAST just as good, but their product is cheaper in a lot of cases. The only improvement I could see for Sportsmans is to come out with a catalog of what they do carry.
    Doug I will check that out for sure, but, here is another.....kenairiverrun
    Have fun, I know I do, specially when I get the Trophy Log or the cell phone, he, he, he

Question Cabela's

.....uh...whats a Cabela's???
    *G*

Has anyone noticed that most of the "Models" in the fly casting photos have the reel cocked over 90 degrees!? They need to get some real fly fishers in the advertising dept!!

Blog Entries

I noticed that to Jack!
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread