+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '08 Cabelas Fly Fishing catalog

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Talking '08 Cabelas Fly Fishing catalog

I got mine the other day...

And to my surprise I didn't see anything that I just had to have!

They did have the Sage Bass rod which I was surprised to see.
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Got mine as well and like you saw nothing I wanted, or at least from cabela's. Saw the new sage bass rod yipee. Cabela's is way over priced. I just don't care to do business with them anymore. I will use the pfluger trion as a example. cabela's $100 plus sportsmans warehouse $79.00 thread $2 plus dollars a spool sportsmans warehouse .99 200 yard spool. The only thing I buy from cabela's is their hooks. I can not get cheaper hooks anywhere else so I stock up and make a once a year trip to get hooks or give friends money when they are going there.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Smile Didn't need anything either!

I got my Cabela's catalog the other day and my wife assured me that I didn't need anything either! She was decided unexcited about the Sage bass rod even though I pointed it out to her several times. 8T

Got mine today and Dang nab it ! If you all did not express my thoughts exactly.

There is also a another new mid priced SAGE rod in there also.

Yep they do have the cheap prices on hooks but not such a great selection IMHO.
    Jon Joy

"A jerk at one end of the line is enough."

Member Ozark Fly Fishers http://www.ozarkflyfishers.org/

I buy most of my hooks (Mustad) in 100 packs, and it's hard to beat H&H's prices when ordered online (20% off catalog price). H&H just came out with their own line of chemically sharpened hooks in 25 packs for $3.39 NET for any style or size in this group. Not bad if you buy in those small quantities.

Still waiting for my Cabelas Fly catalog. Orvis catalog came the other day, but I haven't bought from them for 6 or 7 years.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

I see they are now carrying the TEA STICK by Highland. Price went up a little...go figure, but they have the Amarican Made line now.
    Personally speaking, that 7' 4wt is a sweet stick for any of you that like the Far and Fine 5wt.

Brothers, Sisters, I've never met a fly fishing catalog I didn't like!

With close inspection, I note that this catalog may just be for the pedestrian fly fisher.

There's a special, small, almost secret spot of several pages. That says:

More Choices Available
    150,000+ items on line
    cabelas.com

This is meant for the true adventurer---this could take days!

Joe, it must be only you and I, that truly appreciate H&H!? I haven't done much of anything, with Cabela's for quite a while, except when they run their "flats shirts" on sale, which is usually pretty darn cheap.
    H& H and especially Feather Craft, and even Madison River, come to think of it....... can and do, beat the socks off Cabela's for pricing, a lot of the time and H&H and Feather Craft, beat them in SERVICE, too, I've found! (plus, just READING Feather Craft's catalog is a real hoot!)
    Like, the 21-gazillion Orvis catalogs I get all year long......... "fun to look thru, but there's a lot of better options out there, if you shop around"!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I agree with most what has been said , Cabela's shipping is getting out of control.
    Also (Hillie) I ordered leader rings and the shipping and handling was almost as much as the rings.

JaD
    Fish like predator.

I was in Cabela's yesterday exchanging a Christmas gift I bought for my mom. After that I went shopping and all I walked out with was a bag of beef jerky.

It's really a sad day when you walk into a place like that and realize that your gear purchases have gone from "I need..." to; "I want..."

...and you already have so much stuff that beef jerky qualifies.

+ Reply to Thread